Uterus or endometrium cancer is one of the common cancers in women.Early diagnosis of uterine cancer is possible, if the initial symptoms are noticed by a woman and immediately approaches a clinician with her complaints.We are well equipped to offer the best uterus or endometrium cancer treatment in India.
What are the types of Uterus cancer ?
Uterus cancer usually occurs in the lining of uterus called endometrium but other less common cancers can also occur in women like uterine sarcoma.
Signs and symptoms of uterine cancer
The initial and most important symptom is abnormal bleeding in a woman,like bleeding in between the periods or a vaginal bleed post menopause.
- Unusual Vaginal discharge which can be foul smelling, pus like or may be blood tinged.
- Painful coitus
- Constant and persisting pain in pelvic region, feeling of pressure or mass in pelvic region.
- Sudden and unexplained weight loss.
- Loss of appetite.
- Unusual pain during urination or bowel movement.
Who are at risk of developing uterine cancer
- Women in whom periods have started at an early age
- Women who have delayed menopause
- women who has never delivered a child
- Being Overweight or obese
- Post menopausal women who are taking estrogen only HRT
- Estrogen producing ovarian tumors
- Women who have been treated with Tamoxifen for more than two years for breast cancer treatment
- Woman who had a previous radiation therapy of lower abdomen
- Less common Lynch or cowden syndrome