Multiple Myeloma is a diseased medical condition involving plasma cells. Normal plasma cells are found in the bone marrow and form an integral God gifted immune system for a healthy Individual. We offer complete and comprehensive multiple myeloma treatments in India at our state of art and well managed bone marrow transplant unit.
At CMCS Health we are associated with Best Hematologist and BMT specialist from India for cost effective treatment of hematological malignancies in India. We Offer cost effective Multiple Myeloma treatment in India for our Global guests seeking specialized medical treatment in India.
What is Multiple Myeloma:
Multiple Myeloma is a diseased medical condition involving plasma cells. Normal plasma cells are found in the bone marrow and form an integral God gifted immune system for a healthy Individual.
In Multiple Myeloma patients the normal plasma cells are converted into Malignant plasma cells. These Myeloma plasma cells produce large quantities of abnormal immunoglobulins called M Protien.
The large quantities of this abnormal immunoglobulin hampers the production of normal blood cells in Multiple myeloma patients.
Symptoms of Multiple Myeloma:
Although many of the patients suffering from multiple myeloma may not exhibit or feel any symptoms and it is diagnosed because of some lab. tests recommended by a clinician for other health complaints of the patients.
The common symptoms of Multiple myeloma experienced by patients are:
- Pain in bones ,which could be in all skeleton system but more prominent in skull,back or hips. Patients of multiple myeloma can easily fracture their bones even with a slight stress or injury because of weakening of bone (osteoporosis ) either in the entire skeletal system or at a place of plasmacytoma.
- A routine CBC recommended by a physician to rule out a health complaint reveals low RBC , WBC and platelets.Low RBCs cause fatigue , a general feeling of malice and not being well, difficulty in breathing and dizziness. Low WBCs will make patient prone to frequent infections and some patient may have pneumonia. Low blood platelet count may culminate in delayed blood clotting time and excessive bleeding even with a minor cut or bruise .
- Hypercalcemia or excess calcium in blood may cause extreme thirst and drinking of plenty of fluids and frequent urinating, dehydration,kidney problems,severe constipation, loss of appetite ,a feeling of drowsiness and confusion.
- Spinal cord compression in multiple myeloma patient because of weakening of bones and collapsing of spinal vertebrae may cause muscle weakness and numbness in legs or sudden severe back pain.
- Other more severe symptoms may include congestive heart failure, enlarged liver and spleen ,enlarged tongue ,skin changes, persistent diarrhoea and numbness and weakness in hands called carpal tunnel syndrome.
Diagnosis Of Multiple Myeloma:
Once a clinician suspects that a patient is having multiple myeloma ,he recommends certain blood ,urine , a bone marrow biopsy , Xrays ,CT scans and MRIs to confirm the diagnosis.
Multiple Myeloma treatment in India:
The treatment of multiple myeloma depends on staging done by a hematologist. Usually treatment of multiple myeloma consists of chemotherapy and supportive care , radiation therapy ,surgery in certain cases and Bone Marrow or Stem cell Transplant.
At CMCS Health , we offer cost effective multiple myeloma treatments in India with the best of Indian Hematologist and BMT specialists at most well equipped and well managed Indian Blood cancer treatment hospitals.