Dr Vineet Govinda Gupta is senior consultant , Medical oncology at Artemis Hospital , Gurgaon , India.
Dr Vineet Govinda Gupta has been part of a highly prestigious legacy – He has received his education and worked at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS New Delhi) for over 12 years, where he has participated extensively in clinical care as well as research. Over the course of his career he has won numerous awards including the coveted AIIMS Gold Medal for best outgoing medical oncologist and many other national and international awards. Further, he has published numerous research papers in top medical journals in the country and abroad including publication of the first retrospective study of immunotherapy drugs (checkpoint blockers) from India in 2018.
Cancer is a extremely difficult diagnosis for any person and cancer treatment is often misunderstood, difficult, exhausting and expensive. Throughout his practice, he has always followed the principle of viewing patients from a standpoint of “how would I treat my own family member?” It is his goal to offer patients the best possible care at a level available anywhere in the world, while maintaining a personal and compassionate touch.
• American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
• European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
• International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP)
• Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology (ISMPO)
• Pediatric Hemato-Oncology chapter, Indian Academy of Pediatrics (PHO-IAP)
• Indian Pediatric Oncology Group (InPOG)
• The AIIMSONIANS – Alumni association of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
• Delhi Oncology Forum
Honors & Awards:
• Shakuntala Jolly Gold Medal (Medical Oncology): AIIMS New Delhi
• European Society of Medical Oncology Examination: 96.7th percentile (among worldwide oncologists)
• International Society of Pediatric Oncology Young Investigator Award (SIOP YIA) 2016 – SIOP 2016 Congress (October 2016, Ireland)
• Gold medal for 100th percentile score: University of New South Wales, Australia
• Recipient of numerous international grants and awards: Singapore, Czech republic, Ireland
• Certified in Essentials of Palliative Care: Indian Association for Palliative Care
• Certified Advanced course in Prostate Cancer: Singapore
• Recipient of multiple national scholarships
• All India post graduation entrance examinations – Rank 10 (AIIMS)
• Recipient of CBSE merit scholarship for most meritorious students in the country during undergraduate training.
The best treatment of cancer is based in science. The roots of scientific treatment are based on the principles of evidence based medicine, which ensures that only those treatments are offered to patients which have maximum benefit and minimum harm.
Accordingly, to be a good oncologist, one should have a strong research base in addition to being a clinician. Dr Gupta has numerous peer-reviewed publications in reputed Indian and International peer-reviewed journals. This includes the top 5 oncology journals in the world like JCO, NEJM and Lancet Oncology.