Dr. Col Akhil Mishra V S M is a renowned Nephrologist working at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi. He has more than 50 years of experience in the nephrology field. Dr. (Col.) Akhil has done his MBBS from Jabalpur University, Madhya Pradesh (1966), MD (General Medicine) from the University of Poona, Pune (1972), and DM (Nephrology) from P.G.I.M.E.R., Chandigarh (1983).
Dr. ( Col.) Akhil Mishra has a keen interest in Chronic Kidney Disease treatment, Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy, Percutaneous Nephrolithotripsy, and Laparoscopic Nephrectomy.
- Dr Mishra is presently working as a Senior Consultant (Nephrology) at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Established the Department of Nephrology and Transplant in Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi (1995). He has 34 years of experience in the field of Nephrology.
- Senior Advisor in Medicine and Nephrology in the Army Medical Corps (1965-1993)
- Conducted the first Kidney Transplant of the Armed Forces at Army Hospital, Delhi (1991)
- Dr Mishra took premature retirement at the rank of full Colonel in 1993. Subsequently, he established the Department of Nephrology in Escorts Research & Referral Hospital.
- Dr Mishra was awarded Vishisht Seva Medal by the President of India (1980). He was also awarded three times Star Performer Consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital ( 01/2013, 09/2014 and 01/2015)
- Honoured by His Holiness the Dalai for dedicated work in the field of Kidney transplantation (2013).
- Dr Mishra was felicitated by the Indian Society of Nephrology (North Zone) with the Life Time Achievement Award in Nephrology for his immense contribution to the growth of Nephrology (23/01/2015)
- Areas of Specialization include Kidney Transplantation, Haemodialysis, Medical Renal Diseases and Diabetic Kidney Diseases.
- Fellowships / Memberships / Work Experiences include Indian Society of Nephrology, Indian Society of Organ Transplant, Indian Society Haemodialysis Peritoneal Society of India (P.D.S), Delhi Nephrology Society. Member of Advisory Committee and Asian Pacific Society of Nephrology (12/1992).