He also brings tremendous research experience and was Principal Investigator of approximately 50 projects while at AIIMS for 24 years. Dr. Raina has headed various clinical trials in the field of breast cancer and has nearly 200 research publications in the international and national journals. He is the co-founder of a very successful and popular network called INDOX Network.
Nearly 70 residents & DM students whom he mentored at AIIMS are at leading positions in India and abroad.The multidisciplinary Tumor Board at Fortis Hospital recommends an individualized treatment plan for every patient based on the latest scientific and technological advancements.
Work Experience :
- Associate Editor of Annals of Oncology, 2008-2011
- Headed Record Section of IRCH AIIMS for 3 years
- Headed Delhi Cancer Registry at AIIMS for 5 years, 2005-2010
- Hon Research Fellow of Oxford University for 5 years, 2005-2010
- Transplants- Performed the first high dose chemotherapy and peripheral blood stem cell transplant in India in 1994
- Till now he has personally performed about 250 transplants including nearly 70 allotransplant for various cancers
- Conducted DM course in Medical Oncology for the past 15 years and have trained about 60 DM students who are holding consultant positions at important places in India and abroad.
- Head Cancer Center at Royal Hospital, Muscat, Oman for 2 years and 4 months from 2001-2004
- Head Medical Oncology Department at AIIMS, April 2007-2013
- Professor of Medical Oncology at AIIMS, 2001-2003
- With 36+ years of experience, now working at FMRI as Head of Department & Director of Medical Oncology & Haematology since April 2013.
Awards and honours :Dr. Vinod Raina has received many national and international awards.
- Member of European Society of Medical Oncology
- Member of Association of Physicians of India
- Member of Indian Society of Oncology
- Vishisht Seva Medal by President of India for meritorious and distinguished services rendered in armed forces