Dr Pawan Rawal - Liver Disease Specialist | Gastroenterologist is a dynamic and Patient centric Gastro. Physician of North India and is Unit Head and HOD at Department of Gastroenterology at Artemis Hospital ,Gurgaon ,India.
Dr Pawan Rawal did his post graduation in hepatology and gastroenterology from prestigious Post graduate institute of medical education and research ( PGIMER) Chandigarh. With a rich and diversified experience of more than a decade in the field of Hepato-biliary sciences, Dr Pawan is well versed with the management of all kinds luminal , hepatic , pancreatic , biliary and systemic diseases.
Dr Pawan Rawal is well trained in both non invasive and invasive hepatology and gastroenterology from reputed Indian and global institutes. He is well experienced in all sorts of therapeutic procedures involving variceal banding and scleropathy , balloon and bougie dilation , glue injection for fundal varicies, endoscopic management of ulcers / bleeding, polypectomy ,argon plasma coagulation , percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomies ( PEG) , enteral ( naso-jejunal ) tube placement , manometry and all kind of therapeutic biliary and pancreatic ERCP and EUS.
Dr. Pawan Rawal has keen interest in research and has attended various national and international conferences, international therapeutic endoscopy workshops and CMEs regularly. He has many publications (both national and international) to his credit which include original articles, review articles, chapters in books and case reports.
He has particular interest in teaching and is involved in teaching DM fellows, postgraduate students, nursing staff and other paramedical personnel. He has been the guest faculty at various prestigious meeting in India.
- life member Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG)
- Life member- Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (SGEI)
- Life member- Indian academy of Pediatrics (IAP)
- Life member- INASL
- Association of Physicians of India (API)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Celiac Disease Society of UK (Coeliac uk)
- Celiac Support Organization (CSO)- Executive member
- European Society of Digestive Oncology (ESDO)
HONOURS AND REWARDS
- Distinction in Medicine in MBBS.
- Winner of various quiz, awards in oral and poster research papers sessions in both international and national conferences.
- Young Investigator Award at the Asian Pan Pacific Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition congress (APPSPGHAN 2009) at Seoul, Korea in sep 2009.
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG) Fellowship to present paper at World Congress of Gastroenterology “Gastro 2009” at London in Nov 2009
Stomach, Intestine, Liver and Pancreaticobiliary diseases, Management of acidity, ulcers, GI bleeding, constipation, IBS and reflux, Therapeutic endoscopy and ERCP, Endoscopic management of obesity (balloon placement), Endoscopic ultrasound, All food allergies and Celiac disease (wheat allergy), Chronic Hepatitis B and C, Fatty liver, Alcohol induced liver damage/cirrhosis, Gastro, Biliary, pancreatic and Liver cancers, Anorectal diseases like piles and fissures, Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- Adult and pediatric upper G I endoscopies/ colonoscopies
- ERCPs (Pancreatic and biliary)
- Capsule endoscopy
- Push and double balloon enteroscopies
- EUS (Endoscopic ultrasound)
- Variceal banding and scleropathy for G I bleed
- Balloon and bougie dilatation
- Glue injection for fundal varicies
- Endoscopic management of ulcers/bleeding
- Polypectomy, argon plasma coagulation
- Percutanous endoscopic gastrostomies (PEG), enteral (naso- jejunal) tube placement
- Balloon placement for obesity