Breast cancer surgery is needed for both cosmetic purposes and more serious life threatening medical conditions. At CMCS Health , we are associated with best Indian breast cancer surgeons for breast cancer surgery in India. We offer reasonable breast cancer surgery cost in India.
Breast cancers are one of the most common cancers among women and treatments of breast cancer involves breast cancer surgery , Chemotherapy , Radiation therapy , Targeted drug therapy and hormone therapy. Surgery is the mainstay of breast cancer treatments. In this blog Know about breast cancer surgery cost in India at best breast cancer hospital in India.
Types of Breast cancer surgery in India :
Surgery is the mainstay of breast cancer treatments . Breast cancer surgery can be combined with radiation therapy , chemotherapy , targeted therapy hormone therapy , and immunotherapy. The most common breast cancer surgeries performed by top breast cancer surgery doctors in India are listed below.
There are three main types of breast cancer surgery in India for breast cancer treatment .
1. Mastectomy :
Mastectomy surgery for breast cancer treatment involves removal of complete breast.
Mastectomy surgery can be further classified as:
Radical mastectomy :
Radical mastectomy involves removal of breast tissue, nipple, areola and skin but not all the lymph nodes and the pectoral (chest wall) muscles under the breast.
It is performed rarely now and only if the surgeons feel that cancer has grown or may grow into pectoral muscles.
Modified Radical mastectomy ( MRM) as breast cancer surgery:
Modified radical mastectomy involves removal of breast tissues , nipple , areola , skin and all the lymph nodes under the arm ( axillary lymph nodes dissection ) .
Skin or Nipple sparing mastectomy :
The skin or nipple sparing breast cancer surgery is a variation of the total mastectomy and is normally performed to allow the surgeon to perform breast reconstruction. The surgery removes the same amount of breast tissue. The difference is that the surgeon leaves the breast skin (skin-sparing) and sometimes the nipple (nipple-sparing).
Breast reconstruction can be done at the same time of mastectomy or later.
Double mastectomy :
When both the breasts are removed , it is called double mastectomy or bi lateral mastectomy.
Send us all medical reports of patient with biopsy findings to know the type of breast cancer surgery is needed for patient and breast cancer surgery cost in India of that types of breast cancer surgery at best breast cancer hospital in India.
2. Breast conservation surgery :
Not all breast cancers require complete removal of breast , if the size of tumor is not too big and it is localized , doctor may perform a surgery with removal of tumor and safe margins along the breast tissues. Breast conservation surgery are also called lumpectomy. It is usually followed by radiation therapy , chemotherapy or hormone therapy.
Sometime chemotherapy is given to patient before the surgery to reduces the size of tumor , it is called neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
Ask us about the breast conservation breast cancer surgery cost in India with top breast cancer surgeons of India.
3. Breast oncoplasty or breast reconstruction surgery :
When lumpectomy or breast conservation surgery is done for a patient, many times it leaves a bad scar or disfigurement in a patient.
Breast reconstruction or breast oncoplasty surgery is combination of breast cancer surgery with cosmetics or plastic surgery to hide the scar or restore the form of breast.
Breast reconstruction or breast oncoplasty surgery can be done at the same time of lumpectomy or afterwards.
Newer and latest methods for breast cancer surgery in India:
Although most of the breast cancer treating hospitals in India offer minimally invasive breast cancer surgeries but in recent times many best Indian breast cancer treatment hospitals have started doing robot assisted breast cancer surgeries for more precision and better patient compliance.
- da Vinci robot-assisted lymph node surgery for breast cancers is a minimally invasive technique to minimize post-operative complications.
- Robot assisted nipple sparing mastectomy has the potential to reduce scar length and to overcome technical limitations of endoscopic techniques.
- The deep inferior epigastric perforator flap-mediated reinnervation can be achieved through robot-assisted breast cancer surgery to foster neo-breast integration in body image and consequently enhance self-esteem and patient quality of life.
- Robot-Assisted Direct to Implant Breast Reconstruction with an acellular dermal matrix scaffold is feasible and addresses limitations with open approaches and ergonomics.
Get a quotation about robot assisted breast cancer surgery cost in India at best breast cancer treatment hospitals in India.
Breast cancer surgery cost in India:
Breast cancer surgery cost in India depends upon expertise of doctor , treating hospital,the type of breast cancer surgery and the hospital stay required post the breast cancer surgery.
|Cost of minimally invasive breast cancer surgery||2500-6500 USD|
|Cost of robot assisted minimally invasive breast cancer surgery||4500 - 8500 USD|
For obtaining a precise cost of breast cancer surgery in India and the type of surgery needed, a brief medical history and patient's investigation reports need to be shared with us.
Complications of breast cancer surgery:
Like any other general surgery , breast cancer surgery may also have some complications but they can be effectively and easily manged. If one has any complication post a breast cancer surgery it should be brought to notice of your breast cancer surgeon who will advise a way for management of any complication associated with breast cancer surgery. Top breast cancer surgeons in India offers the safest breast cancer surgery in India at best breast cancer hospitals in India.
Some breast cancer patients may experience following complications post a successful breast cancer surgery:
- Formation of a blood clot around the surgery wound. This may cause hardness, pain and swelling around the surgical wound. This hematoma usually subsides on it's own but in some patients it may take a few months. Your breast cancer surgeon may advise draining if if the swelling is bothering you. A blood clot may also form in the legs post successful breast cancer surgery . Rarely these blood clots may travel to lungs and may cause a serious medical condition. Your breast cancer surgeon will advise you to start walking and do leg exercises soon after the breast cancer surgery to prevent formation of blood clot in your legs.
- A small bleeding from surgical wound that soaks the wound dressing is ok , post successful breast cancer surgery but if you notice persistent and moderate bleeding from the surgical wound , bring it to notice of your breast cancer surgeon, he will advise accordingly.
- Surgical wound infection is also a possibility post a successful breast cancer surgery. If you feel pain at the wound site , observe any unusual discharge from surgical wound , the skin around the wound seems red , swollen and hot, or run a temperature , there is a possibility of surgical wound infection. Your doctor may advise a blood culture for knowing the cause of infection and will prescribe antibiotics for wound infection.
- Seroma ( Edema near the surgery wound ) is accumulation of fluid near the surgery wound ,causing swelling. If seroma is painful , your treating doctor will drain ( tapping ) this accumulated fluid with the help of a syringe and needle to relieve you of any pain because of seroma.
- Feeling of numbness, tingling or a shooting pain in your armpit, upper arm, shoulder or chest wall. This is due to damage to the nerves during surgery. The nerves usually repair themselves soon after the breast cancer surgery , but in some breast cancer patients it may take many weeks or months. Your treating doctor will prescribe nerve pain relieving medicines to give you relief from pain.
- Stiffness of shoulder may occur in some patients who have undergone a breast cancer surgery and axillary lymph node removal. Your treating doctor will recommend you to a physiotherapist for specially designed physiotherapy and exercise regimen to restore mobility and pain relief from shoulder joint stiffness.
- Lymphedema may occur in some breast cancer patients post surgery and lymph node removal. Small swelling in arm and hand is ok and it subsides quickly after surgery . If this swelling does not settle soon after the surgery and it persists along with pain and tenderness in hand and arm , consult your doctor. This is swelling caused by lymph fluid that can't drain away. It can happen any time after surgery. Once you have lymphoedema it can’t be cured but early treatment can help to control it. Your nurse will talk to you about ways of preventing lymphoedema. Read our exhaustive blog on Lymphoedema to know more about it.
- Scar tissue in the armpit (cording) is scarring of tissue in the armpit after lymph node removal. The connective tissues in the armpit get inflamed, which forms one or more tight bands. Cording is harmless but can be painful and can limit your arm movement. Your treating doctor will recommend you to a physiotherapist for specially designed physiotherapy and exercise regimen to ease the pain.
Recovering after a breast cancer surgery:
Breast cancer surgery wound generally heals in 4 to 8 weeks . Your breast cancer treating doctors may recommend Radiation therapy or even chemotherapy post breast cancer surgery to offer comprehensive breast cancer treatment in India and reducing the chances of breast cancer coming back.
Chemotherapy or radiation therapy post breast cancer surgery is done when the breast cancer surgery wound heals completely.
Dos and Do nots after a breast cancer surgery:
- Pain management is important in breast cancer surgery as in any other surgery. The intensity of pain and discomfort may vary from one patient to other. It is advisable to take pain medication prescribed by your doctor before the pain becomes severe. Healing and recovery is faster with effective main management. Applying an icepack to the armpit and lymph dissection area decreases the swelling and discomfort. A small pillow put in armpit may also help in decreasing the discomfort.
- Breast cancer surgery wound care is important for not getting it infected. Your treating doctors team will guide you about wound care at the time of your discharge from hospital.
- You will be discharged from hospital post your breast cancer surgery with a drain in place. This drain consists of a plastic tube from under the skin to outside your body with a bulb attached to it. You will be asked to empty the drain two to three times per day or when the bulb is full. You will be asked to write down the amount drained per day on a sheet of paper and once it comes down to a certain level your team of doctors will remove the drain and cover the opening with a dressing for healing.
- If axillary lymph nodes are also removed in your breast cancer surgery, your team of doctors will advise you about arm care on that side. You are advised not to lift heavy objects with that arm and you may be asked to wear a sleeve on that side arm for some time. You will be told to do some physiotherapy exercises for your arm once the wound heals. You will also be advised to not get any injection or needle insertion on the affected side arm ( administering of any medication including antibiotics or collection of blood for pathological tests). Your doctors team may also advise that taking blood pressure from this arm should also be avoided.
- You will also be educated about the risk of lymphedema post the breast cancer surgery.
Top breast cancer surgeons in India:
Dr. Harit Chaturvedi Breast cancer surgeon Max Super specialty Hospital Saket , New Delhi.
Dr. Rajeev Agarwal Breast cancer Surgeon Medanta - The Medicity Gurugram, India.
Dr. Ramesh Sarin Breast cancer surgeon. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital New Delhi.
Best breast cancer hospitals in India:
Best cancer treatment hospitals in India offer comprehensive breast cancer treatment. As breast cancer treatment require all the three streams of treatment , surgical oncology , medical oncology and radiation oncology, most of the breast cancer hospitals in India have top breast cancer doctors for breast cancer surgery in India.
Best Breast cancer Hospitals in India - Delhi/NCR.
- Fortis memorial research institute , Gurugram , India.
- Medanta- the Medicity Hospital, Gurugram, India.
- Artemis Hospital , Gurugram , India.
- C K Birla Hospital , Gurugram , India.
- Sanar International hospital , Gurugram , India.
- Indraprastha Apollo hospital , New Delhi , India.
- Max super specialty Hospital , Saket , New Delhi , India.
- BLK max Hospital , Karol Bagh , New Delhi, India.
- Manipal Hospital , Dwarka , New Delhi, India.
- Fortis - International oncology centre , Noida , India.
Best Breast cancer Hospitals in India - Mumbai:
- Nanawati - Max super specialty hospital , Mumbai, India.
- Jaslok hospital , Mumbai , India.
- Lilavati hospital and research centre , Mumbai , India.
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital and medical research institute , Mumbai , India.
- Global hospital , Parle , Mumbai , India.
- Tata memorial hospital , Mumbai , India.
- Fortis Hospital , Mumbai , India.
Best Breast cancer Hospital in India - Chennai.
- Miot international hospital , Chennai , India.
- MGM super speciality hospital , Chennai , India.
- Vijaya Hospital , Chennai , India.
- Gleneagle Global Hospital , Chennai , India.
- Kauveri Hospital , Chennai , India.
Best Breast cancer Hospital in India - Kolkata
- Medica super specialty hospital , Kolkata , India.
- Amri Hospital , Salt Lake , Kolkata , India.
- Fortis Hospital , Kolkata , India.
Success stories - breast cancer treatment in India :
Sister Noor Jehan Triple negative breast cancer survivor Herat , Afghanistan
Sister Noor Jehan was just 27 when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She visited India for confirmation of diagnosis. The true cut biopsy confirmed stage-2 , triple negative breast cancer. We arranged a cycle of neo-adjuvant chemotherapy for her in a leading breast cancer treatment hospital in New Delhi, India. She tolerated the chemotherapy cycle well. After assessment of her blood reports for myelosuppression ( which was found to be unalarming) , we provided her chemotherapy medicines for 7 more cycles , got her a chemotherapy protocol and arranged the remaining chemotherapy cycles to be given in Kabul , Afghanistan. After completing her remaining chemotherapy cycles in Afghanistan , she visited us again and the imaging tests confirmed complete response , even the axillary lymph node was dissolved completely. She had her Modified radical mastectomy performed by leading breast cancer surgeon in India , Dr. Deepak Jha at Artemis hospital Gurugram , India.
After complete healing of her breast cancer surgery wound , she was advised to have radiation therapy for reducing the chances of recurrence.
After her radiation therapy sessions and consultation with her breast cancer treating team of doctors , she left for Afghanistan .
The first thoracic CT scan after six months of her radiotherapy showed no growth of any new tumor. It was encouraging.
CT scan of thoracic region and bone scan after one year of treatment had also shown no disease progression. She visited India after 2 years of successful breast cancer treatment , PET CT reconfirmed her status of being disease free. With every passing year the chances of recurrence of disease goes down significantly. Today after almost 5 years her disease is in complete remission. We wish her a long disease free life, healthy and productive life.
Sister Amidah Relapsed angiosarcoma of breast Arusha , Tanzania.
Sister Amidah from Arusha , Tanzania had approached us for treatment of angiosarcoma of breast. After initial investigations and conformation of diagnosis , she underwent chemoradiation therapy prior to breast cancer surgery in India. Breast cancer surgery was performed by Dr.Vedant Kabra , breast cancer surgeon at Fortis memorial research institute, Gurugram, India. Unfortunately after two years of treatment , she had a relapse and was treated with immunotherapy. Today after 2 years of her treatment , she is in complete remission and is disease free. We wish Sister Amidah a long disease free healthy life.
Sister Dembe Paget's disease of breast Kampala, Uganda.
Sister Dembe for Kampala Uganda had eczema like symptoms on the nipple of one breast. When after symptomatic treatments her medical condition has not improved , she suspected of something serious and approached CMCS Health in India with all her medical reports and a brief medical history. We discussed the case with leading breast cancer specialists of Delhi/NCR and all of them suggest for a punch biopsy done for her. Punch biopsy had confirmed Paget's disease. Once we discuss the punch biopsy reports with the doctors , they advised her to come to India for further diagnosis and subsequent treatment.
We helped sister Dembe with her medical visa and her medical attendant's medical X visa for coming to India. Once she reached India , she was received at New Delhi's Indira Gandhi airport by CMCS health team.
Next day she was taken to Sanar International Hospital in Gurugram , where the breast cancer surgeon doctor Dr. Archit Pandit did a consultation with her and ordered some more investigations to confirm the diagnosis. Mammogram , breast ultrasound and core biopsy was performed for her. The tests confirmed that she was having ductal cell carcinoma of breast. Breast conserving surgery was done for Sister Dembe at Sanar International hospital , Gurugram, India. After 6 weeks and healing of the surgical wound , she was advised for radiation therapy for reducing the chances of recurrence of her disease.
Today , after 4 years of successful breast cancer surgery and radiation therapy sister Dembe is living a normal life with complete remission. We wish sister Dembe a long, productive and disease free life.
At CMCS Health , we have helped scores of breast cancer patients from Nigeria , Tanzania , Kenya , Uganda , Afghanistan , Iraq and Uzbekistan for successful breast cancer surgery in India with top breast cancer surgeons of India..
Send all your breast cancer surgery in India related queries to us for getting opinion about best suited breast cancer surgery in India for patient and cost of complete breast cancer treatment from the Top breast doctors in India.